Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

COMSOL 4.2a bug ?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, dear all,

I seriously hope it is my personal mistake, not a bug in 4.2a.
I draw a rectangular and do the laminar flow module, inlet 2.6m/s on one of boundary, then just run the study.
I plot the inlet\ velocity, to make sure the inlet velocity is 2.6m/s, but in COMSOL 4.2a it give me 0.026m/s.

I ask my friend plot the same thing in 4.2, it return correct 2.6m/s.

Can somebody help me confirm it is a bug or my personal mistake? as it looks like postprocessing data in COMSOL 4.2a scale down the unit.

Thank you.

2 Replies Last Post 17 dic 2011, 03:22 GMT-5

Posted: 1 decade ago 17 dic 2011, 02:40 GMT-5
I apologize about the mistake.

The solution is i do not clear the solution in 4.2a and rerun it again.

now solve already.

sorry.
I apologize about the mistake. The solution is i do not clear the solution in 4.2a and rerun it again. now solve already. sorry.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 17 dic 2011, 03:22 GMT-5
Hi

indeed I would be astonished thaat you get such a "mistake" without other having noticed it ;) a factor 1000 is typically a unit error meters to mm, but could be other things.

One rule I do (at best) is to relaunch a fresh COMSOL for each new model, as when you delete an old one and rebuild, you are nwever 100% sure that ALL default variables are reset, there are so many inside COMSOL ...

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi indeed I would be astonished thaat you get such a "mistake" without other having noticed it ;) a factor 1000 is typically a unit error meters to mm, but could be other things. One rule I do (at best) is to relaunch a fresh COMSOL for each new model, as when you delete an old one and rebuild, you are nwever 100% sure that ALL default variables are reset, there are so many inside COMSOL ... -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.