Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Thin Film Piezoelectric

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

currently I am working with some TFpiezo cantilevers but a error message always appear, it seems that the solution

do not converge, and I cant figure why, I never received a proper comsol training so maybe is something very basic.

The model is a cantilever made by various thin layers of material and the study is a freq domain analisys, I need to run

a sweep from a freq of 700 to 1000 in steps of 2, and get the output voltage in the piezo domain, I will attach the model

so if anyone have time to check it.

Thank You

1 Reply Last Post 21 dic 2011, 21:37 GMT-5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 21 dic 2011, 21:37 GMT-5
Hi,
What I generally do, whenever I get an error message is :

check the selected material properties, if all the things are checked
redo the mesh, at times, its coz u add something to the model and dont redo the mesh
mebbe try reducing the mesh size a bit.

This are some of the basic things, you can do.

hope this helps.

Best,
Rohan
Hi, What I generally do, whenever I get an error message is : check the selected material properties, if all the things are checked redo the mesh, at times, its coz u add something to the model and dont redo the mesh mebbe try reducing the mesh size a bit. This are some of the basic things, you can do. hope this helps. Best, Rohan

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.