Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Plotting displacement vrs Force in Comsol 4.2

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi i need help with my analysis,am doing a buckling analysis and i will like to know how to plot a graph showing displacement against force.....please help me i have been stuck with this for 2 months now please...somebody help

--
G A

2 Replies Last Post 4 dic 2011, 15:57 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2 dic 2011, 16:16 GMT-5
Hi

from my understanding, the buckling analysis is a transformed eigenvalue solver and hence gives only a "security factor" w.r.t an intial load, when buckling will occur.

The other way to load up to a buckling is to explicitely increase a load and record the displacement, or impose a displcement and record the reaction forces (use large deformation)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi from my understanding, the buckling analysis is a transformed eigenvalue solver and hence gives only a "security factor" w.r.t an intial load, when buckling will occur. The other way to load up to a buckling is to explicitely increase a load and record the displacement, or impose a displcement and record the reaction forces (use large deformation) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 4 dic 2011, 15:57 GMT-5

Hi
Please in an attempt to apply vary loads so i get the displacements in order to plot the graph i think i messed up the whole buckling analysis please help me i have to submit this to my lecturer on Tuesday 6th Dec. Please help me ....i have attached my analysis could you please check it out for me and really stuck....
--
G A
Hi Please in an attempt to apply vary loads so i get the displacements in order to plot the graph i think i messed up the whole buckling analysis please help me i have to submit this to my lecturer on Tuesday 6th Dec. Please help me ....i have attached my analysis could you please check it out for me and really stuck.... -- G A

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.