Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to compute the mass participation factor in 5.3a and newer?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

The below post is related to an archived discussion

[start here] I was excited to read about the approaches for computing the mass participation factor in an eigenfrequency analysis presented in the above linked thread. However, I noted that the thread was more than 8 years old, and I was wondering if there is a new/better way of computing the mass participation for each eigenfrequency in an Eigenfrequency Study?

2 Replies Last Post 5 ott 2019, 13:38 GMT-4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 5 years ago 24 set 2019, 17:38 GMT-4
Updated: 5 years ago 24 set 2019, 17:38 GMT-4

If your license includes the Structural Mechanics Module (which you can check by going to File > Licensed and Used Products), see the Structural Mechanics Module's Users Guide, version 5.4, page 43 and following. You can find that manual under File > Help > Documentation .

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
If your license includes the Structural Mechanics Module (which you can check by going to File > Licensed and Used Products), see the Structural Mechanics Module's Users Guide, version 5.4, page 43 and following. You can find that manual under File > Help > Documentation . Best, Jeff

Posted: 4 years ago 5 ott 2019, 13:38 GMT-4
Updated: 4 years ago 5 ott 2019, 09:38 GMT-4

Thank you Jeff. I will check it out.

Thank you Jeff. I will check it out.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.