Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Boudary conditions for 2D modelling of superconductors with in plane currents

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I am trying to model the current distribution along a superconducting cable. I am using the general PDE module so I can get away from the problem of circular dependency of conductivity and the current by calculating the magnetic field distribution and then calculating the current from that. This works well with the current perdendicular to the modelled plane but I am now trying to model the current in plane either as a slab or as a wire using 2D-axial symmetry. With the current in plane I either get the error message "may have reached a singularity" or "recoverable error i n residual, but solver could not recover".

Has anybody successfully built a similar model? What boundary conditions could I use to allow the solver to converge?

Thanks.

0 Replies Last Post 11 ott 2011, 05:18 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Richard Lewin

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.