Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error during solving...

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am doing a 2D RF-simulation, mode analysis, in COMSOL. I have done similar simulations on other computers before but this is the first time I get the error message "Out of memory in eigenvalue solver" during computation.

What does it mean and how can I solve it?

3 Replies Last Post 5 ott 2011, 09:16 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 5 ott 2011, 08:51 GMT-4

Hi,

I am doing a 2D RF-simulation, mode analysis, in COMSOL. I have done similar simulations on other computers before but this is the first time I get the error message "Out of memory in eigenvalue solver" during computation.

What does it mean and how can I solve it?

Hi,
I am far from being an expert, but does it mean that you've run out of RAM?
P
[QUOTE] Hi, I am doing a 2D RF-simulation, mode analysis, in COMSOL. I have done similar simulations on other computers before but this is the first time I get the error message "Out of memory in eigenvalue solver" during computation. What does it mean and how can I solve it? [/QUOTE] Hi, I am far from being an expert, but does it mean that you've run out of RAM? P

Posted: 1 decade ago 5 ott 2011, 09:09 GMT-4
Hi,
I am far from being an expert, but does it mean that you've run out of RAM?
P

On the computer I am now at there is 2GB RAM, .. shouldn´t that be enough?
[QUOTE]Hi, I am far from being an expert, but does it mean that you've run out of RAM? P [/QUOTE] On the computer I am now at there is 2GB RAM, .. shouldn´t that be enough?

Posted: 1 decade ago 5 ott 2011, 09:16 GMT-4
Well, it depends on the complexity of your problem!
Have you tried to simplify it and see if you get the same error message? Or try to run your Comsol simulation on a PC with more RAM.
P
Well, it depends on the complexity of your problem! Have you tried to simplify it and see if you get the same error message? Or try to run your Comsol simulation on a PC with more RAM. P

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.