Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Transport of diluted species and Solid mechanics conflict

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I created a 2D multiphysics model in which I apply an electric potential (electric currents module) to a transport of diluted species problem. The model and the coupling between this two physics worked very well.
I also added the electrostatic physics in order to consider the contribution to the potential of the space charge distribution. The model and the couplings worked well also with this three physics.
I also need to model the deformation of a domain of my model because of osmosis.
But when I try to add a solid mechanics physic (or also a deformed geometry or a moving mesh), the electro-chemical coupling stop to work, even if I don't solve the solid mechanics physics. In particular, even if I specified the applied electric potential in the Transport of diluted species physic, this does no more have effect on the migration of the charged species. If I delete the solid mechanics physic, all start to go well again.

Can someone help me please?
Thanks,
Stefano

PS: I'm making a time dependent fully coupled study...

1 Reply Last Post 21 dic 2011, 12:59 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Stefano Palagi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 21 dic 2011, 12:59 GMT-5
I suppose you should consider add a flow module, because the solid mechanics is related an advection term in transport module. They need some couple parameters related each other
I suppose you should consider add a flow module, because the solid mechanics is related an advection term in transport module. They need some couple parameters related each other

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.