Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

2D detonation simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi!!

I'm quite new on using this platform so I'm experiencing some newbie difficulties.

I'm trying to develop a 2D detonation simulation using ComSol 4. My system has its initial point at CJ point and all the necessary properties values are known. Although this is an example of an 2D axisymmetric model candidate, for now I would like to keep it in Cartesian coordinates.
For the simulation I'm using Euler's equations (continuity, momentum and energy) for inviscid and compressible fluids. ComSol already have a similar example in its model library, the shock_tube model, which seemed to be an ideal way to start analyzing my one model. However, I'm failing to transpose it to my system conditions, specially regarding the initial conditions.
My domain is a rectangle, where y is the variable time and x is the dimension where the detonation wave is expanding. Since I know that my system radius at t=0 is Rcj and all its properties are known at this point, my domain origin is located at (x,y)=(-Rcj,0).

For the time being, I would like to ask if someone could give me some more insights about the PDE's initial values and its relation to the step function, used to define the discontinuity at t=0 in the shock_tube model. I'm also attaching my model so you could see if I'm making some major error.

Thank you all.

0 Replies Last Post 31 ago 2011, 12:17 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Pedro Santos

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.