Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

ODE Loops - Are there any possibility to enforce the ODE dependent variable back to initial value?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all

ODE. Basically, I need to calculate ODE integration of alpha(t,T) for 4 loops. My equation is

d(alpha)/dt = A*exp (-E/RT)*(1-alpha)^n

with I.C. alpha(0,T_1) = 0

First, I use the integration on globe eq as following

alphat-intop1(A*exp (-E/RT)*(1-alpha)^n) : alpha_0 = 0, alphat_0 = 0

no problem for the first loop, my alpha is well behave between 0-1 as I expected.
when I tried to solve for the second loop, I have the problems. As I can't set the alpha back to the original value, the calculation is not correct... :_(

Are there any possibility to enforce alpha = 0 again when (alpha >= 1) ?

many thanks
Krit

0 Replies Last Post 18 giu 2011, 17:09 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Krit Jiamjiroch

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.