Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to export "Color Expression" from "Particle Tracing with Mass" to text file?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone!

I'll keep this brief as I'm having trouble getting anything to post here. I'm just wondering if anyone knows a good way to export the color expression data from a "particle tracing with mass" simulation to a text file. In COMSOL Multiphysics 3.5, it was easy (just "export"...then, "current plot"). In 4.2, it seems to be much harder.

Thanks for your time!
Graham Ferrier

1 Reply Last Post 18 giu 2011, 03:38 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 18 giu 2011, 03:38 GMT-4
I've been successful using a tedious approach. First, choosing "export/plot" to collect x, y, time, x-velocity, and y-velocity. Then open the text file in Excel, and delete the last 3 columns to leave just x and y. Then do a "export/data", enter my expression, and from the pull-down menu, choose "from file". Then I choose the saved file with x,y as my file, and create an output of my expression with x and y from the file. It works, but I must go through this process each time I want to create a text file. It's far more tedious than the approach in COMSOL Multiphysics 3.5. Is there a faster way in COMSOL Multiphysics 4.2?

Thanks!
I've been successful using a tedious approach. First, choosing "export/plot" to collect x, y, time, x-velocity, and y-velocity. Then open the text file in Excel, and delete the last 3 columns to leave just x and y. Then do a "export/data", enter my expression, and from the pull-down menu, choose "from file". Then I choose the saved file with x,y as my file, and create an output of my expression with x and y from the file. It works, but I must go through this process each time I want to create a text file. It's far more tedious than the approach in COMSOL Multiphysics 3.5. Is there a faster way in COMSOL Multiphysics 4.2? Thanks!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.