Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Precision of presented values in post-processing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have a 2D problem in V4.1, which investigates the deformation of a rectangle. In the geometry mode, the values shown on the y-axis have correct precision, but after solving the problem, in the results mode y-axis values are presented as:

rather than

How can I change the precision of the values in the post-processing?

Unfortunately I could not find any option in:
Results/Views/View 2D/Axis
nor in
Results/2D Plot Group/Surface/Deformation
nor in
Model 1/Definitions/View 1/Axis

Any help is appreciated.

Manuel

4 Replies Last Post 21 giu 2011, 17:22 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 9 giu 2011, 03:52 GMT-4
Hi

there is a "preference display number of digit" somewhere in v4 (I believe default is 4 digits)
and for Tables, you have an icon to toggle for full precision.
Indeed not all fields switch to "Scientiifc E notation)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi there is a "preference display number of digit" somewhere in v4 (I believe default is 4 digits) and for Tables, you have an icon to toggle for full precision. Indeed not all fields switch to "Scientiifc E notation) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 9 giu 2011, 12:19 GMT-4
Hi Ivar,

Thanks for your hint.
I changed the precision from Options/Preference/General/Precision and changed the Input Display Precision to a number greater than 4, but I did not see any change in the output.

Also, I tried 2D plots group/Surface/Expression/Unit and played with the units, but it only affected the color bar not the values on the axes.

Thanks
Manuel
Hi Ivar, Thanks for your hint. I changed the precision from Options/Preference/General/Precision and changed the Input Display Precision to a number greater than 4, but I did not see any change in the output. Also, I tried 2D plots group/Surface/Expression/Unit and played with the units, but it only affected the color bar not the values on the axes. Thanks Manuel

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 10 giu 2011, 01:51 GMT-4
Hi
Then I have no other ideas, perhaps worth to send a suggestion to "support"

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Then I have no other ideas, perhaps worth to send a suggestion to "support" -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 21 giu 2011, 17:22 GMT-4
Hi Ivar,

I guess there was a bug in V4.1 that didn't let me get the correct precision for this particular problem. I just installed V4.2 and the problem Is gone.

Thanks again.
JW.
Hi Ivar, I guess there was a bug in V4.1 that didn't let me get the correct precision for this particular problem. I just installed V4.2 and the problem Is gone. Thanks again. JW.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.