Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Save a solution

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am running some simulation on COMSOL4.1 and I have a question.

How can I save the results and the graphs of one simulation?

For example, I run a simulation with some parameters and boundary conditions. I have a result and some graphs.
Then if I run an other simulation with different parameters and boundary conditions, I will lose my previous results and graphs.

Is there a way to save the results for each simulation?

Thank you

Francois

2 Replies Last Post 18 apr 2011, 07:03 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 18 apr 2011, 06:00 GMT-4
Hi

you can right click a plot group node and save as image (or as txt file), you will then get a node in the Repot section where you add the file name and you exectute by a "store" (icomn upper right side of node GUI border. In this way it is recorded so you can repeat in one click next time: NOTE the file names remain so they would be overwritten

You can also save a graph manually in the graphics view hit the "camera " icon also upper right border of the graphics window GUI

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you can right click a plot group node and save as image (or as txt file), you will then get a node in the Repot section where you add the file name and you exectute by a "store" (icomn upper right side of node GUI border. In this way it is recorded so you can repeat in one click next time: NOTE the file names remain so they would be overwritten You can also save a graph manually in the graphics view hit the "camera " icon also upper right border of the graphics window GUI -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 18 apr 2011, 07:03 GMT-4
Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Francois
Thank you for your help. Regards, Francois

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.