Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Acoustic/Structure Multiphysics in Vaccums

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, First time posting here so please be nice! I have looked at previous posts, and skimmed the COMSOL manual but haven't managed to find the answer to my question.

When modelling a rigid scattering object in an acoustic field, I am aware you can simply subtract the volume of your scatterer from the your external fluid (as is done in the scattering tutorial); so effecively COMSOL is treating the boundary between a fluid domain and a 'non-fluid' domain as a rigid boundary.

Is the same true with the structural modelling? For example, I have a model of a hollow cylinder in an external fluid of air, excited by a structural force. I want to compare this to the same cylinder and excitation, but in a vaccum. Can I simply remove the air domain, and COMSOL will therefore assume that the cylinder is invacuo?

Thanks in advance for your help, Charlie

0 Replies Last Post 12 gen 2018, 06:37 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Charlie House

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.