Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Grid settings in V4.0

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi James,
I used to work on V3.5a but due to some reason, i need to switch to V.4.0. could you please tell me where i will find Grid settings in V.40?

Thanks.

Rony

4 Replies Last Post 9 mar 2012, 15:35 GMT-5
Ruud Borger COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 2 apr 2011, 07:30 GMT-4
Hi Rashedul,

You can find it under Definitions => View 1=> Axis.

Note that by right-clicking Definitions, you can add a new View, for which you can use different settings. In the graphics window, you can then switch between views (and grid settings accordingly) quickly.

Best regards,

Ruud Borger
COMSOL BV
Hi Rashedul, You can find it under Definitions => View 1=> Axis. Note that by right-clicking Definitions, you can add a new View, for which you can use different settings. In the graphics window, you can then switch between views (and grid settings accordingly) quickly. Best regards, Ruud Borger COMSOL BV

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2 apr 2011, 10:33 GMT-4
Hi

And in the postprocessing plot nodes you can select to use automatic or one of the predefined views in the top, or further down on the postprocessing section too (this applies to V4)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi And in the postprocessing plot nodes you can select to use automatic or one of the predefined views in the top, or further down on the postprocessing section too (this applies to V4) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 8 feb 2012, 13:27 GMT-5
Hi,

Do this applies to V4.2? When I right click view1 I am unable to add an axis node. How can I add the axis node in V4.2 in order to modify the grid line spacing?
Hi, Do this applies to V4.2? When I right click view1 I am unable to add an axis node. How can I add the axis node in V4.2 in order to modify the grid line spacing?

Posted: 1 decade ago 9 mar 2012, 15:35 GMT-5
Does anyone have an answer for this, changing the grid/axes settings for views in 4.2?

Thanks,
Russell
Does anyone have an answer for this, changing the grid/axes settings for views in 4.2? Thanks, Russell

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.