Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Electrochemical corrosion

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi!

I would like to simulate an electrochemical corrosion model and I don't know which modules I need in Comsol 4.1: the Chemical Reaction and AC/DC together; only the Chemical Reaction or do you think is better the Bateries module?
Thanks a lot,
Alicia

2 Replies Last Post 30 mar 2011, 10:17 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 29 mar 2011, 17:55 GMT-4
Hi,
I think that the Chemical Engineering module is sufficient for your case. You can use the Nernst-Planck equation to model the transport of species and the PDE general form for the electric potential distribution
Hi, I think that the Chemical Engineering module is sufficient for your case. You can use the Nernst-Planck equation to model the transport of species and the PDE general form for the electric potential distribution

Posted: 1 decade ago 30 mar 2011, 10:17 GMT-4
sorry, I've forgotten the ALE moving mesh module to account for the moving boundary. You can look at this link which regards the electrochemical deposition of copper:
www.comsol.com/showroom/gallery/2112/
sorry, I've forgotten the ALE moving mesh module to account for the moving boundary. You can look at this link which regards the electrochemical deposition of copper: http://www.comsol.com/showroom/gallery/2112/

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.