Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

good example of linear buckling

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, all

Would you please let me know the simple example of linear buckling?

Thank you

4 Replies Last Post 21 feb 2011, 21:36 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 18 feb 2011, 07:54 GMT-5
Hi

have you checked the elbow bracket example of the model library Tutorial models ?

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi have you checked the elbow bracket example of the model library Tutorial models ? -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 20 feb 2011, 21:59 GMT-5
Hi, Ivar,

File-> Open Model library -> COMSOL Multiphysics->Tutorial Models

Is this right?

If it is, I don't have the elbow bracket example even though I search it.
Also, I checked model library update.
However, It doesn't include the elbow bracket example.

Where can I find it?

Additionally, I'd like to download "smeug.pdf"

Where can I download it?

Thank you
Hi, Ivar, File-> Open Model library -> COMSOL Multiphysics->Tutorial Models Is this right? If it is, I don't have the elbow bracket example even though I search it. Also, I checked model library update. However, It doesn't include the elbow bracket example. Where can I find it? Additionally, I'd like to download "smeug.pdf" Where can I download it? Thank you

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 21 feb 2011, 01:28 GMT-5
Hi

in v4 you can update your library "on line" COMSOL is adding new examples regularly, try a Options Model Library update - Download all, and check again

For older versions you are the best contacting your local COMSOL rep, he can probably find the good version, but I expect that the 4.2 doc, probably coming in a month or two will be even better than the old 3.5 doc, I find already the 4.1 doc nicer for many chapters than the old one

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi in v4 you can update your library "on line" COMSOL is adding new examples regularly, try a Options Model Library update - Download all, and check again For older versions you are the best contacting your local COMSOL rep, he can probably find the good version, but I expect that the 4.2 doc, probably coming in a month or two will be even better than the old 3.5 doc, I find already the 4.1 doc nicer for many chapters than the old one -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 21 feb 2011, 21:36 GMT-5
I finished the update.

However, that model is not offered.

Do I download it manually?
I finished the update. However, that model is not offered. Do I download it manually?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.