Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Temperature control in a reactor

Christian Cuba Torres

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everybody,
I am a beginner in COMSOL and I am wondering if you can help me with one simulation. I measure the temperature at the bottom of my reactor and I need to control that temperature (in this point) adding heat flow which is constant throughout the reactor (as a proccess control), how can I do that?
Thanks!

4 Replies Last Post 17 apr 2011, 10:29 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 17 feb 2011, 03:11 GMT-5
Hi

look up the examples, there was one of those, or very close, at least in the 3.5a (perhaps not yet ported to v4.1, check the "Options - model browser update - Download all"

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi look up the examples, there was one of those, or very close, at least in the 3.5a (perhaps not yet ported to v4.1, check the "Options - model browser update - Download all" -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 17 apr 2011, 06:45 GMT-4
hi dear
I am working with this software and I am beginner and working about reactors.
I'm student of petrochemical engineering.
can you send me some examples about fixed bed reactors?
If you don't have any example about fixed bed reactors please sent me some useful and simple examples about reactors.note that the documentation in the this software don't help me.
thanks
hi dear I am working with this software and I am beginner and working about reactors. I'm student of petrochemical engineering. can you send me some examples about fixed bed reactors? If you don't have any example about fixed bed reactors please sent me some useful and simple examples about reactors.note that the documentation in the this software don't help me. thanks

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 17 apr 2011, 08:26 GMT-4
Hi

sorry I'n not really in that field, so I have no models myself, or at hand, apart from those in the model libray of COMSOL (be sure you have updated in v4)

My way to apprach is to take one step at the time, identify the physics needed, flow, diffudion, chemical exchange ... and treat some simple examples, then to combine two, three etc physics, mostly your model builds up nicely, at least faster than when you start by mixing everaything at once, and then do not really know what is driving what, or what might be missing in case of errors

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi sorry I'n not really in that field, so I have no models myself, or at hand, apart from those in the model libray of COMSOL (be sure you have updated in v4) My way to apprach is to take one step at the time, identify the physics needed, flow, diffudion, chemical exchange ... and treat some simple examples, then to combine two, three etc physics, mostly your model builds up nicely, at least faster than when you start by mixing everaything at once, and then do not really know what is driving what, or what might be missing in case of errors -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 17 apr 2011, 10:29 GMT-4
Hi
thanks Mr Ivar Kjelberg
If you have any related examples except which is in the comsol 4 or 3 please send to me.
I don't know how to apply the kinetic of the chemical reaction?
Regards
Adel.Sh
student of petrochemical engineering
Hi thanks Mr Ivar Kjelberg If you have any related examples except which is in the comsol 4 or 3 please send to me. I don't know how to apply the kinetic of the chemical reaction? Regards Adel.Sh student of petrochemical engineering

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.