Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Faster way to flick through solutions?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

Probably impossible, but wondering if there is some trick to flick through viewing solutions on comsol faster.

By which I mean, I do an eigenfrequency analysis for a complicated structure, and know exactly what the mode I'm looking for should look like. However there are LOTS of spurious modes in my structure and so in my solutions I have this long drop down list of eigenfrequencies. To go through different solutions requires:
- drop down the box
- scroll down the list to find the next one I haven't viewed
- click on it
- click Plot or press F8 on keyboard.
- repeat.

I'd really like to just press one key to cycle thru the solutions.

I know, maybe it's asking too much, but this should be easy for Comsol engineers to implement, and I'd use it every day.

3 Replies Last Post 17 feb 2011, 13:44 GMT-5

Posted: 1 decade ago 16 feb 2011, 13:37 GMT-5

Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 17 feb 2011, 02:53 GMT-5
Hi,

In version 4.1, the Player offers a quick way of looking at multiple eigenmodes, for example.

Right-click the Report node and select Player. In the Player node's Settings window, use the "Stored solutions" as the "Sweep type". To record the "movie", click the "Generate Frame" button on the Settings window toolbar. You can then use the slider in the Frames section of the Settings window or the Play button on the Graphics toolbar (above the Graphics window) to quickly flick through the solutions (multiple eigenmodes, time steps, or parametric solutions).

Best regards,
Magnus Ringh, COMSOL
Hi, In version 4.1, the Player offers a quick way of looking at multiple eigenmodes, for example. Right-click the Report node and select Player. In the Player node's Settings window, use the "Stored solutions" as the "Sweep type". To record the "movie", click the "Generate Frame" button on the Settings window toolbar. You can then use the slider in the Frames section of the Settings window or the Play button on the Graphics toolbar (above the Graphics window) to quickly flick through the solutions (multiple eigenmodes, time steps, or parametric solutions). Best regards, Magnus Ringh, COMSOL

Posted: 1 decade ago 17 feb 2011, 13:44 GMT-5
Wow this is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks. It's also available in v4.0a apparently
Wow this is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks. It's also available in v4.0a apparently

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.