Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Acoustic with fluid flow interaction in a duct

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear friends
I want to simulate the fluid flow in a duct in which there are sound waves.
I have couple of questions:
1- Can comsol simulate it? (e.g. comsol 4.0a.)or i should use another sofware?
2- what are the limitation of this sofware (comsol) in acoustic simulation with fluid flow?
3- Is there any tutorial for comsol?

thanks in advance

3 Replies Last Post 4 giu 2011, 22:47 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 9 feb 2011, 02:01 GMT-5
Hi

first of all use the latest version (4.1 + patch today) then I'm convinced that COMSOL is one of the best and most general FEM tools you can use, particularly unique in multiphiscs calculations. Certainly you can find some other better tailored for a very specific domain, but in my opinion none for such a large set of general physics

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi first of all use the latest version (4.1 + patch today) then I'm convinced that COMSOL is one of the best and most general FEM tools you can use, particularly unique in multiphiscs calculations. Certainly you can find some other better tailored for a very specific domain, but in my opinion none for such a large set of general physics -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 9 mar 2011, 16:58 GMT-5
I support the question of neo: Is there any tutorial for comsol to simulate a fluid flow into a duct where there are sound waves?
thanks
I support the question of neo: Is there any tutorial for comsol to simulate a fluid flow into a duct where there are sound waves? thanks

Posted: 1 decade ago 4 giu 2011, 22:47 GMT-4
YES, VERY FEW DOcuments can be found.

And the acousitcal equation is different from that in pressure acoustics. Then how to simulate the monopole or dipole source by the aeroacoustics like that in pressure acoustics?
YES, VERY FEW DOcuments can be found. And the acousitcal equation is different from that in pressure acoustics. Then how to simulate the monopole or dipole source by the aeroacoustics like that in pressure acoustics?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.