Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Interesting!

Venkatesulu Bandapalle

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have noticed a strange meshing issue in comsol 4.0a.Here I am giving a simple example (not my complex model). I have put a small sphere in a bigger cube. After it is meshed, there are no common nodes for the sphere and the space in the cube. I am fairly new user but this a simple problem which I noticed recently in my actual model after getting many results. Does any one know the reason for this?I am sure it can not be a bug in 4.0a. Find the .mph file as an attachment

3 Replies Last Post 12 gen 2011, 10:04 GMT-5
Venkatesulu Bandapalle

Posted: 1 decade ago 11 gen 2011, 11:14 GMT-5
May be it is displaying only the meshes on the outer surfaces for the cube and the sphere.So it could be just visualisation trick. Solution to the problem seems to be right.
May be it is displaying only the meshes on the outer surfaces for the cube and the sphere.So it could be just visualisation trick. Solution to the problem seems to be right.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 11 gen 2011, 11:49 GMT-5
Hi

I believe it's only the graphical representation that does not show all internal elements to not overload and slow down the graphics rendering.

Do you beleive your results are wrong ? because they should be if there is no internal meshing

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I believe it's only the graphical representation that does not show all internal elements to not overload and slow down the graphics rendering. Do you beleive your results are wrong ? because they should be if there is no internal meshing -- Good luck Ivar

Venkatesulu Bandapalle

Posted: 1 decade ago 12 gen 2011, 10:04 GMT-5
Thanks Ivar. Understood.
Thanks Ivar. Understood.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.