Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Geometry Building Coordinate Systems

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Newbie quesiton...I'm building some replicated geometry by first extruding a signle instance of the geometry out of a work plane and then using "rotate" to make the needed copies. The workplane is on an angle with respect to the global coordinate system so I would like to use the workplane coordinate system to specify the point to rotate about. How do I do this?

1 Reply Last Post 12 dic 2010, 09:40 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 12 dic 2010, 09:40 GMT-5
Hi

If I understood you correctly I'm afraid you need to write out the equations fully.

I have several times suggested to COMSOL that we should be allowed to define existing points (select them from the geometry) for different operations, but the GUI's are not set up for that. There is one way thouhg you can create a point integration coupling operator on only one point, which allows you to get the coordinates of it as a variable you can use in a formula, in this way you have your geometry driving your model, but its slightly clumsy to write

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi If I understood you correctly I'm afraid you need to write out the equations fully. I have several times suggested to COMSOL that we should be allowed to define existing points (select them from the geometry) for different operations, but the GUI's are not set up for that. There is one way thouhg you can create a point integration coupling operator on only one point, which allows you to get the coordinates of it as a variable you can use in a formula, in this way you have your geometry driving your model, but its slightly clumsy to write -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.