Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Comsol 4.1 and matlab live link

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all

I installed comsol V4.1. I couldont see the File-------Client/server/matlab as in comsol 3.5a. I want to know where it is. In addition anything that I should do to connect matlab and comsol 4.1. ? Please help me. Did I do something wrong in the installation of comsol V4.1. Thanks so much.

Manjula

2 Replies Last Post 13 dic 2010, 11:19 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 10 dic 2010, 01:39 GMT-5
Hi

check your installation guide documentation, there are instructions in there

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi check your installation guide documentation, there are instructions in there -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 13 dic 2010, 11:19 GMT-5
Sounds like my dilemma. I did it an alternative way (as advised by support), what I had to do was:

From the Windows Start menu, choose

Programs > COMSOL 4.1 > Client Server > COMSOL Multiphysics 4.1 Server
Then start matlab using the standard shortcut. Into matlab type:

>>addpath C:/COMSOL41/mli
>>mphstart

Then launch comsol and a link should have been created allowing you to import/export. However, I am now having trouble exporting between interfaces. It was so easy in 3.5 as well.

Hope this helps. Let me know how you get on.

Chris
Sounds like my dilemma. I did it an alternative way (as advised by support), what I had to do was: From the Windows Start menu, choose Programs > COMSOL 4.1 > Client Server > COMSOL Multiphysics 4.1 Server Then start matlab using the standard shortcut. Into matlab type: >>addpath C:/COMSOL41/mli >>mphstart Then launch comsol and a link should have been created allowing you to import/export. However, I am now having trouble exporting between interfaces. It was so easy in 3.5 as well. Hope this helps. Let me know how you get on. Chris

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.