Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

crash because of java

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I install the comsolV35a in debian-X64 system , when I open the comsol, it will easily crash. The error are as following. Could anyone give help for this issue? Thanks in advace.

Zhan

#
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (10.0-b22 mixed mode linux-amd64)
# Problematic frame:
# C[thread 139757063493392 also had an error] [libpthread.so.0+0xee2b]
raise+0x2b
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /usr/local/comsol35a/bin/hs_err_pid25428.log
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
# java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
#
./comsol: line 2168: 25428 Aborted ${MPICMD} ${JAVA} ${JVMARGS} ${CLTMPARG} -classpath ${FLCP} ${SHOWVERSION} ${MAINCLASSARG} ${APPLARGS}
zhanyh:/usr/local/comsol35a/bin# ./comsol -gcc332
#
# An unexpected error has been detected by Java Runtime Environment:
#
# SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00007f82744190be, pid=25551, tid=140198257297168
#
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (10.0-b22 mixed mode linux-amd64)
# Problematic frame:
# C [libGL.so.1+0x5b0be] XF86DRIQueryVersion+0xae
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /usr/local/comsol35a/bin/hs_err_pid25551.log
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
# java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#
./comsol: line 2168: 25551 Aborted ${MPICMD} ${JAVA} ${JVMARGS} ${CLTMPARG} -classpath ${FLCP} ${SHOWVERSION} ${MAINCLASSARG} ${APPLARGS}

1 Reply Last Post 7 gen 2012, 13:17 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Zhanyh Yh

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 7 gen 2012, 13:17 GMT-5
Hi, in case someone else still/also has that problem: One solution seems to be to export the env var LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1. This helped me. The problem is actually the ATI/AMD driver as far as I've read it, this env var seems to be a working workaround.
Hi, in case someone else still/also has that problem: One solution seems to be to export the env var LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1. This helped me. The problem is actually the ATI/AMD driver as far as I've read it, this env var seems to be a working workaround.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.