Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to set BC on 3D point on sphere surface to V=0

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I can do this in CSv3.5, but cannot find how to with v4. My initial toy problem is a single solid sphere with 3 points defined on its surface. One point is a positive current source, one is a matching negative source (sink), and the third point needs to be set to V=0. I can actually set the current sources up properly, but cannot find where to set the BC I need on the third point.

1 Reply Last Post 14 nov 2010, 02:27 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 14 nov 2010, 02:27 GMT-5
Hi

it would be far easier for us to understand your issue if you told us at least the verson and physics, You have the topic selection below, but just a [4.0a/MEF] or something like that could do too

If I understand you are looking for a fixed potential BC, so I believe that depends on the physics you have choosen, are you sure it resolves the voltage ?

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi it would be far easier for us to understand your issue if you told us at least the verson and physics, You have the topic selection below, but just a [4.0a/MEF] or something like that could do too If I understand you are looking for a fixed potential BC, so I believe that depends on the physics you have choosen, are you sure it resolves the voltage ? -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.