Jarrard & Associates
Jarrard & Associates has been serving the medical device industry since 1990. We specialize in real-time microprocessor-based surgical and monitoring instruments and accessories, with particular expertise in the following areas: Finite Element Modeling, RF Ablation, Feasibility Studies, Technology Assessment, and New Product Development.
We have been doing finite element modeling since 2000 and have been using Comsol Multiphysics exclusively since 2005. We specialize in modeling the interaction of medical devices with human tissue and have particular expertise in modeling devices that deliver therapeutic energy - RF, Microwave, Cryogenics.
- DC, AC, RF, microwave
- Static, time dependent
- Temperature dependent material properties
- PID controlled applied voltage/current/power
- RF and microwave bioheating
- Contact resistance
- Electrical circuits
- Bioheat treatment and thermal therapy
- Conjugate heat transfer
- Phase change
- Heat transport
- Medical/biophysical applications such as flow in blood vessels and airways