Amphos 21 Consulting
Amphos 21 has been offering its services in scientific, technical and strategic environmental consulting since 1994. Currently, we have offices in Spain (Headquarters), Chile, Peru and France.
We specialize in offering consultancy services related to the following markets:
- Nuclear and Industrial Waste Management
- Water Resources and Hydrogeology
- Geosciences and Geochemistry
- Carbon Capture and Storage
- Oil and Gas
- Environmental Management and Energy
- Civil Engineering
Amphos 21 provides access to a variety of specialists with high levels of technical proficiencies to meet the needs of a dynamic and increasingly specialized market. In addition to our advanced computational modeling abilities, we are proficient in running on-site and in-situ studies of site characterizations, executing and monitoring hydrogeological exploration, and performing laboratory studies.
Amphos 21 services the market through a tight synergy between our expert scientists within chemistry, geochemistry, hydrogeology and physics, and our experienced modelers that all hold strong backgrounds within mathematics, physics and computer science.
Areas of Expertise
Our main areas of expertise within simulating multiphysics and coupled processes include:
- Multiphase flow simulations: from large reservoirs to the pore/fracture scale
- Non-isothermal multiphase reactive transport: near-field evolution of engineered barrier systems, large scale reservoir behavior
- Reactive transport: coupled Thermo-Hydro-Chemical analyses
- Thermo-Hydro-Mechanical-Chemical: modeling of coupled processes in geosciences and engineering
- Computational solid mechanics: plasticity, damage, fracture mechanics
- High performance computing and advanced computational analyses
- Development of tailor-made physics user interfaces in COMSOL Multiphysics
- Inverse parameter estimation and sensitivity analysis
Featured COMSOL Projects
Model of groundwater flow across a rock vault for low and intermediate level radioactive waste: shown is the water head in the waste compartments, the flow streamlines, and the hydraulic conductivity of the fractured rock surrounding the repository (isosurface plot).
Simulation of the reactive transport processes in compacted bentonite, from a prototype experiment of a nuclear waste underground repository: shown is the unit fraction of sodium occupancy in the cation exchanger of the bentonite column after 6 months of hydration and heating.
Model of a pit lake flooding after mine closure: shown is the water head distribution in a 3D hydrogeological model involving several geology strata, two rivers and water recharge conditions.
Model of the large-scale dewatering of a mine using the Subsurface Flow Module: shown is the steady-state groundwater pressure head as well as the hydrogeological impact produced by mine dewatering.
Address & Contact Information
AMPHOS 21 CONSULTING, S.L.
Paseo de García Faria, 49-51
Tel.: +34 93 583 05 00
AMPHOS 21 CONSULTING CHILE Ltda.
San Sebastián 2839, of. 701-A
Las Condes, 7550180 SANTIAGO DE CHILE
Tel.: +56 2 7991630
AMPHOS 21 CONSULTING PERU, S.A.C.
Av. del Parque Sur 661, San Borja
Tel.: +511 592-1275
AMPHOS 21 CONSULTING FRANCE SARL
14 Avenue de l´Opéra
Tel.: +33 1 46946917